XLPE Covered Aluminum Alloy AAAC Conductor for Overhead Secondary Distribution Lines
XLPE Covered Aluminum Alloy AAAC Conductor For Overhead Secondary Distribution Lines
Covered Line Wire is used primarily for overhead secondary distribution lines. It is not an electrically insulated conductor and is treated as bare conductor when installed.
Conductors are aluminum alloy 1350-H19, 6201-181, or ACSR conductors, concentrically stranded and covered for weather proofing with polyethylene, high density polyethylene (HD) or crosslinked polyethylene (XLP).
- ASTM B-230 – Aluminum 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes
- ASTM B-231 – Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated-Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
- ASTM B-1248 – Polyethylene Plastics Molding and Extrusion Materials.
- ASTM C-8.35 – Specifications for Weather-Resistant Polethylene-Covered Wire and Cable.
- NEMA PUB NO. WC 5-1973 – Standards Publication Thermoplastic insulated Wire and Cable for the Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Energy.
- The code words as given apply to conventional polyethylene line wire.
- For 6201 aluminum conductors diameter equivalent to ACSR construction or 1350 aluminum equivalent.
- Ampacity ratings based on 75oC conductor temperature, 25oC ambient temperature elevation – sea level. Emissivity 0.91 coefficient of absorption 0.95. Thermal reisitivity of covering -375oC-Cm2/Watt-CM. Wind speed 2ft/sec in sun.
- To determine correct ampacity by conductor size, please consult the National Electric Code, latest edition.
If you need bare AAAC Conductor, please contact us, we can produce BS ASTM DIN IEC Standard AAAC Conductor
- Next: Overhead ABC Cable AAC/XLPE+AAAC 3X10mm2+10mm2
- Previous: Duplex Aerial Bundled Cable Overhead Conductor