Bare AAC Conductor #4/0AWG Oxlip
Bare AAC conductor #4/0AWG Oxlip
Code name: Oxlip 4/0AWG
Standard: ASTM B231
No.of strand/wire diameter: 7/4.417mm
Overall diameter: 13.26mm
Linear mass: 296kg/km
Nominal breaking load: 16.98kN
Max.D.C.Resistance at 20°c: 0.2688Ω/km
AAC, AAAC, ACSR are also known as Overhead Conductors, Transmission Conductors and Power Distribution Conductors. AAC is also known as aluminium stranded conductor. These cables can also be recognised by their full names of All Aluminium Conductor (AAC) , All Aluminium Alloy Conductor (AAAC) and Aluminium Conductor Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
Aluminium Conductors are predominantly used in Overhead Line applications and for primary and secondary power distribution.
2.1.ACSR conductors is used for river crossings, overhead earth wires, and installations involving extra long spans.
The advantage of ACSR is that it has high tensile strength and is lightweight, which means over longer spans it needs less supports.
ACSR is available with varying percentages of steel core to achieve different strengths.One of the advantages of this conductor in particular is that the desired strength can be achieved without a loss of ampacity.
2.2.AAC conductors is used mainly in urban areas where the spacing is short and the supports are closer together.
The advantage of AAC conductors is that they have a high degree of corrosion resistance;for this reason they are used extensively in coastal areas.
AAC were developed as a consequence of the galvanic corrosion that ACSR conductors are susceptible to.
2.3.AAAC conductors is used as bare overhead conductor for power transmission and distribution lines on aerial circuits that require larger mechanical resistance than AAC.
AAAC also has better sag characteristics and a better strength to weight ratio than AAC.
AAAC cables have lower weight per unit length and slightly lower resistance per unit length than ACSR.
3.DIFFERENCE of AAC,AAAC and ACSR
3.1.The biggest difference is the materials they are constructed from.
AAC is manufactured from electrolytically refined aluminium with a 99.7% minimum purity;
AAAC is made from an Aluminium alloy;
ACSR contains a combination of Aluminium reinforced with steel.
3.2.The second difference is their resistance to corrosion,which is important for the longevity of the cable.
ACSR has a poorer resistance to corrosion, as it contains steel, which is prone to rust.
AAAC and AAC have a better corrosion resistance, due to the fact that they are largely or completely aluminium.
3.3.In the ACSR the galvanised steel core carries the mechanical load and the high purity aluminium carries the current.
They utilise the lower thermal expansion coefficient of steel compared to aluminium, which the aluminium based conductors AAC and AAAC are unable to do.
4.APPLICABLE STANDARD of AAC
- Next: 11kv ABC Cable by Jinshui Manumfactory
- Previous: 15kv Aluminum Conductor XLPE Insulation 3 Core Power Cable 50mm2
You May Like
- No related articles
- All Aluminum Alloy Conductor AAAC Cable Bare Aluminium Conductor
- Aluminum Conductor ACSR for Overhead Power Transmission Line
- ASTM B232 Standard Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced Bare Conductor ACSR
- Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced AAC AAAC ACSR Overhead Conductor
- Aluminum-Clad Steel Wire (ACS wire) and Aluminum Clad Steel Stranded (ACS cable)
- BS183 Stay Wire Gsw 7/3.25mm Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Wire Guy Wire Price
- Aluminum Conductor Steel Supported Acss Bare Conductor
- Electric Transmission Line Aluminum Clad Steel Wire Acs Cable
- Acss Aluminum Conductor Steel Supported Acss/Aw Conductors
- Copper Clad Wire CCA Wire Stranded
- XLPE Insulated Aluminium Conductor Service Drop Aerial Bundle ABC Cable
- Overhead XLPE Insulated Aluminum Cable ABC Bundled Cable
- Overhead Aluminum Conductor XLPE Insualted Aerial Bundled ABC Cable
- Aerial Bundled ABC AWG 1/0 2/0 3/0 4/0 Aluminum Twisted Cable
- 0.6/1kv 3X120+1X25+1X70mm2 Aerial Bundled Conductors Aluminium ABC Cable
- 33kv Overhead ABC Bundled Cable with AAC ACSR Neutral Aluminum Conductor
- Overhead XLPE Insualted Aluminum Conductor Aerial Twisted Bundled ABC Cable
- Low Voltage Covered Line Aluminum Wire Cable for Overhead Distribution
- 600 Volt Secondary Ud Quadruplex Aluminum Conductor with XLPE Insulation
- Overhead Power Transmission Lines Conductors ABC Triplex Bundled Cables
- Nyy, Nyy-J, Nyy-O Copper PVC Insulation Flame Retardant PVC Sheath Power Cable
- 3X95mm2 Aluminium XLPE Insulated Armoured Yjv Electrical Power Cable
- 120mm 4core Aluminium XLPE Insulated Awa Armoured Power Cable
- XLPE Insulated Steel Tape Armoured Power Cable
- Medium Voltage Mv Tr-XLPE Insualted Urd Cable Copper Steel Wire Armoured
- Aluminium Conductor XLPE Insulated Awa Aluminum Steel Wire Armoured Cable
- 3 Core Copper Conductor XLPE Insulated PVC Sheath Jacks Electric Wire
- Aluminum XLPE Insulated PVC Insualted Sheated Power Cable
- 0.6/1kv Aluminum or Copper XLPE Insulation PVC Sheath Power Cable
- N2xsey 3*240mm2 Copper XLPE Insulation PVC Sheath Copper Wire Screen Power Cable
- Single Core Copper Flexible PVC Insulated Electric Wire Cable
- Ce Certificate Copper PVC Jacketed Electric Building Wire and Cable
- H07V-R Flexible PVC Insulated Electric Cable and Wire
- PVC Insulated Copper Wire (BVR) Building Wire
- H07V-K, H07V-U, H07V-R 450/750V Copper PVC Insulating Sheath Wire and Cable
- H03VV-F, H05VV-F 3*1.5mm Copper Flexible PVC Insulated Electric Power Cable
- UL1185 Standard Copper or Aluminum Conductor XLPE Insulation Hook up Electronic Wire
- H05VV-F 3G1.5mm2 Power Cords Cable Copper Core PVC Insulated Electric Wire VDE Standard
- Electric Wire Cable with Copper PVC Wire 2.5mm
- PVC Jacket Flexible Battery Cable, Electrical Wire Cable