ABC Cable Aluminum PE/XLPE for Overhead
ABC Cable; Service Drop Cable
The basic construction is as follows:
3 power cores consisting of standard aluminium conductors, insulated with
+ One sheath lighting aluminium conductor with XLPE insulation(optional)
+ One messenger Al-alloy conductor (bare or covered)
The messenger conductor can be of galvanised steel wire also.
The purpose of messenger wire is
A) It acts as load bearing wire.
B) It acts as earth or neutral conductor.
To be used at cotages of 600V phase-to-phase or less and at conductor temperatures not to exceed 75oC for polyethylene insulated conductors or 90oC for crossliked polyethylene(XLPE) insulated conductors.
It meets or exceeds the following specifications:
1. Aluminum Wire, 1350-H19 for Electrical Purposes.
2. Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded.
3. Aluminum Conductor, Concentric-Lay-Stranded, Coated Steel Reinforced(ACSR)
4. Concentric-Lay-Stranded 6201-T81 Conductors
5. Compressed Round Stranded Aluminum Conductors Using Single Input Wire.
It meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of ANSI/ICEA S-76-474
To supply 120 volt aerial service for temporary service at construction sites, outdoor or street lighting. For service at 600 volts or lower at a conductor temperature of 75C maximum.
Concentric strand or compressed 1350-H19 conductor, polyethylene or crosslinked polyethylene insulation, concentric strand AAC, ACSR, or 6201 alloy neutral messenger.
1. B-230 Aluminum Wire, 1350-H19 for Electrical Purposes.
2. B-231 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded.
3. B-232 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded, Coated Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
4. B-399 Concentric-Lay_Stranded 6201-T81 Aluminum Alloy Conductors.
5. B498 Zinc-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminum Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
6. Duplex Service Drop cable meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of ANSI/ICEA S-76-474