Type MP-Gc, Mining Cable, Cu/Epr/CPE, 3/C, 5kv (ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58)
True Triple extrusion system and closed handling raw materials system, to eliminate any contact with ambient, until extrusion process ends.
High voltage distribution intended for permanent installations. Suitable for underground mining and boreholes. Can be used in aerial nstallations, ducts or direct burial.
ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58 Portable and Power Feeder Cables for Use in Mines and Similar Applications.
Maximum operating voltage: 5 kV to 35 kV 100% and 133% IL
Maximum conductor operation temperatures: Wet and dry locations
Normal: 90 °C
Emergency: 130 °C
Short Circuit: 250 °C
1. Phase, Grounding and Ground Check Conductors: Soft or annealed uncoated copper compressed Class B stranding, or unilay-compressed per ASTM B8. On request, compacted strand. Sizes: 6 AWG up to 500 kcmil.
2. Conductor Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
3. Insulation: Thermoset ethylene propylene rubber (EPR).
4. Insulation Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
5. Metallic Shield: Soft annealed copper tape, 2.5 mil minimum thickness, 10% minimum overlap. Phase ID: Color printed on the extruded conducting layer, BL, WH, RE.
6. Ground Check: Thermosetting insulation yellow colored for identification.
7. Assembly: Phase conductors cabled with the ground check between the BL and WH phase conductors, two grounding conductors in inmate contact with the shields, placed on the remaining interstices, suitable fillers, as required and binder tape.
8. Jacket: Black sunlight resistance and flame retardant chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) compound. On request, PVC jacket.
|Conductor Size||Number of Strands||Size of Each Strand||Nominal Insulation Thickness||Ground Conductor Size||Maximum Overall Diameter||Approximate Total Weight|
|AWG or kcmil||AWG||mil||AWG||in||lb/kft|
- Next: Type Shd-Gc, Mining Cable, Cu/Epr/CPE, 3/C, 5kv (ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58)
- Previous: Type Shd-Gc, Mining Cable, Cu/Epr/CPE, 3/C, 8kv (ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58)